The most important thing about brands is that you have to register them. The other is that you must use them.
Copyright is benevolent with works. You can not register it and it is yours as long as you believe it. You can stop using it and the same property rights expire 80 years after you stretch the leg.
With the marks, no. You have to get there first and you have to know how to get there (sorry Jose Alfredo).
Even, it must be checked that someone else is not the owner before embarking All your energies and your investment in a project that should be called different from the beginning.
The registration office has An online search engine, Where are all the brands that have requested.
Industrial property is stricter than copyright in its formalities. Therefore, we must take into account:
- You have to identify which brands are developing the project; There are many, they are not just logos and names.
- The trademark must be registered with the Superintendency of Industry and Commerce (in Colombia).
- Choose the right category; One or more.
- You have to pay a fee to have it reviewed and granted; Nothing is free in life.
- All the requirements and adjustments required by the SIC must be met in order not to lose momentum.
- You have to use it after you get it. If you do not use the mark, someone else can ask for the cancellation.
- It has to be renewed in time (after 10 years).
[Rad_uptin_inline optin_id = optin_4]